Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Phone Call

Well I've been showing the place to some people, they were nice, but indecisive, so I'm still running the ad, showing the place etc., while they make their decisions.

This morning I get a phone call from a woman.

"I got your number from the website."

"Okay, how can I help you?"

"Well I'm in Atlanta now, and I'll be in New York on Sunday and only need a room until September 1st."

"I'm sorry, but if you'll notice in the ad, I'm renting by the month, not the day."

(shades of the screaming Columbia student).

"Well I just need it for two weeks."

"I understand that, but as I said, I'm not looking to rent the room by the night."

"There's no way someone will move into your place in the middle of the month."

"Look, I'm not going to argue with you. As a matter of fact, I've been showing it and have people who are interested in moving in now. If you want to stay here for two weeks, it would be $180 a night."

"No, no, no, that's too expensive. You need to come down in money."

"It's still cheaper than a hotel and no I don't. I said I don't want to rent it for the night."

Bye-bye!

No comments: